Mar 31, 2010

Fabric shopping at Yuzawaya

Yuzawaya in Yokohama
I went to Yuzawaya yesterday to get new fabrics.
Some fabrics were discounted so I didn't get any ones of normal price (* v *).

Cotton for my Tomato
This one is for my Tomato. It costed only 1/3 of the normal price. It's so cute!

Beautiful fabrics
These fabrics are for me. I liked beautiful flower printed fabrics.

The white rose one is from Kokka. They also have different colors of it and I wanted more... To get it in discounted price, I should get 1 meter or more for each so I could get only one.
About yellow and red fabrics, I had to get two meters to get them in the discounted price. I think I'll make clothes for me and Tomato with them (* v *).

Fabrics for my mother
At last, I found these Hawaiian printed fabrics.
They were from Yuwa and also in half price! My mother dances a hula, so I'll make bags for her (* v *).

I was there for two hours and got more than 10m of fabrics.
I'm so happy with them.
I also got some cotton double gauze and cotton knit to make items for Tomato.
Oh, I wanted to tell you what pattern I used for the shirt for Tomato.
A shirt for my Tomato

http://chikuchikuhappy.seesaa.net/article/56621134.html
I got the pattern from this blog(I'm sorry, it's in Japanese).
The patterns are in two PDF, "hadagi1.pdf" and "hadagi2.pdf".
If you want to use them, print them in 200% of the size.

See you (* v *)!!!!

17 comments:

Karin (the mrs) said...

Wow, that's a great pile of fabrics you found. I love the colours and prints, I really want to go traveling some day, even if only to be able to buy all kinds of gorgeous fabrics from all around the world :-)

The shirt for your tomato is adorable.

Keren Gillan said...

Lovely fabrics indeed , so happy for you to have such nice store around ,
Keep on the wonderful work your are more then inspiration to me ,
Thank you for that !

jumping mango said...

うらやましいね!!! I want to go fabric shopping too><

Thank you for sharing the pattern you've found.. I don't quite need it yet, but will definitely save it for future!! :)

KnityGrity said...

I'm going fabric shopping this weekend too and I love those floral print fabrics.

Shell said...

Mai, the white rose fabric is GORGEOUS! I can see why you wanted the other colours. It's a shame you have to buy a minimum quantity to get the discount. But you have gathered some lovely fabrics. I can't wait to see what you do with them. *big hugs* thank yo so mch for the link to the pattern for Tomato's shirt!!!!! You've made me so very happy. And if you paste the link into google.com you can translate it to english :)

Amy said...

I love your fabric. Thanks for posting pictures. Can't wait to see what you make for yourself and Tomato with them.
Have a happy day! :)

Richelle T. said...

なつかしい!! I used to live near the Yuzawaya in Kobe and spent too much money there on fabric, buttons, clasps, craft books and so on. I still have fabric in my stash that I bought there, but it is so beautiful I am afraid to cut in to it...!

Glad you could find some fun stuff for yourself and Tomato :)

RheLynn said...

such pretty fabrics again! I would love to be in that store :)

handmadecreativity said...

What wonderful shopping!
I love buy fabrics...
Have a nice day, Taced

Kristina said...

Oh, I love the cute yellow print and that hawaiian print is just gorgeous! Can't wait to see what you make with them!

I also wanted to let you know your package arrived and I can't believe how many lovely things you put in it! Thank you so much!!! I love all of it and it's all so pretty I'll be afraid to use it! I made a post on my blog about it :))

Anonymous said...

Grazie mille per condividere il cartamodello che hai usato per la tutina! Aspetto anche io un baby che dovrebbe arrivare a luglio!
Complimenti per tutti i bellissimi lavori che fai, hai moltissimo talento!

Un abbraccio grande a te e al tuo Tomato!

Kathy

Broccoli Ginger said...

You hand sewn this or using machine? I wanted to make a blouse for my girl too. But I don't have a sewing machine. So, I am thinking of hand sewn. Is it possible? Will the stitches be secured enough?

Sandra said...

These fabrics are so cute !
The pattern is very nice ! For the non-japanese speakers, it can be found on Nani Iro's website.

Núr said...

The fabrics are just lovely!!! In Spain those fabrics are soooo expensive, you can't imagine! :S

Let us see what you do out of those fabrics, huh? :)

jacqueline said...

Dearest Mai, these fabics are gorgeous. I espcially love that cute fabric you picked for tomato and those beautiful flower printed fabrics. Have a lovely merry happy week and love to you!

amy said...

hi Mai, i love ur blog and all the tutorials.i like to hand sew too :D and i've just started doing my own stuffs.thanks for sharing :D

boatx2 said...

It turned out marvelously!

I love this pattern and have been envying it for ages! BUT I don't speak Japanese. (-_- ')

I was wondering, would you mind translating some of the steps for us helpless English speakers??